27/05/14 10:11 Filed in: Japanese - Side
Tangy Asian inspired slaw to go with the Chicken Yakitori.
for the Asian Slaw [serves 4] :
1 carrot juiienned
2 large spring onion, chopped fine
1/2 mooli, julienned
1/2 Chinese cabbage cut fine
1/2 romano red pepper
3 cm knob of garlic, diced very fine
2 garlic cloves, pasted
2 tbsp fresh coriander, roughly chopped
2 tbsp fresh parsley, roughly chopped
2 red thai chilli, finely diced
2 tbsp dry roasted sesame seeds
for the dressing :
5 tbsp soy sauce
4 tbsp mirin
2 tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp toasted sesame soil
50 ml rice wine vinegar
for the Asian Slaw :
1) Add all the vegetable slaw ingredients to a large mixing bowl.
2) Dry roast the sesame seeds in a small frying pan and leave to coo on kitchen towel.
3) Mix through half of the sesame seeds.
4) Add the dressing ingredients to a small saucepan, except for the sesame oil.
5) Heat over a medium heat for five minutes until reduced.
6) Add the sesame oil and leave to cool.
7) When ready to serve, pour over the dressing and mix well.
8) Sprinkle over the remaining sesame seeds.
Julienne the carrot
Dice the spring onion
Dice the mooli
Slice the Chinese cabbage
Dice the romano pepper
Dice the ginger
Paste the garlic
Toast the sesame seeds
Dice the chillies
Dice the coriander
Combine in a bowl
Cool the roasted sesame seeds
Time to prepare the dressing
Warm in a bowl
Add the dressing
Sprinkle over the sesame seeds
Asian Slaw served with Chicken Yakitori
The Flickr photoset showing Asian Slaw appears here.