Chinese Stir Fried Pork with Oyster Sauce
28/11/14 17:56 Filed in: Chinese - Main
I was looking for a quick and easy mid week meal.
I found the pork chops in the freezer, so I defrosted those. To save time, I used a packet of stir fry vegetables I had picked up from the local supermarket on my way home.
Originally I had planned on using fresh ginger and honey, but having no ginger, I found a bottle of oyster sauce and went with that instead!
The sauce wonderfully coats the vegetables and pork. The sauce is sweet and tangy with a gentle chilli hit at the end.
This took no longer than 15 minutes to prepare and cook! Well under the time it took for the rice to steam!
for the Chinese Stir Fried Pork with Oyster Sauce [serves 2] :
for the Marinade :
1/2 tsp sugar
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp sweet dark soy sauce
1 tbsp Saki
1 tbsp flour mixed in 1 tbsp water
2 pork chops, diced, fat removed
for the Stir Fry :
1 tbsp groundnut oil
1 tbsp chopped garlic (2 cloves)
1 banana shallot, cut in half and diced fine
3 birds eye chillies, diced
1 tbsp Saki
1 tsp ginger powered
1 tsp Chinese five spice
1 packet of stir fried veg
75ml oyster sauce
1 tsp sugar
2 tbsp water
for the Chinese Stir Fried Pork with Oyster Sauce :
1) Mix the flour and water together in a bowl to form a loose paste.
2) Add the soy sauce, sugar and Saki. Whisk to combine.
3) Add the diced pork and leave to marinade for 15 minutes.
4) In a high sided frying pan or wok, heat on a high heat. When hot add the oil and when shimmering, add the garlic and shallots.
5) Cook for 3-4 minutes until golden.
6) Add the pork and continue to cook for 3-4 minutes.)
7) Sprinkle over the Chinese Five Spice and ginger. (If I had and was using fresh ginger - I would add it along with the garlic and shallots. The chillies are added later on to avoid making the dish too hot!).
8) Add the chillies and continue to cook for another 2 minutes.
9) Once the marinade has thickened, add the stir fry vegetables. Stir well.
11) Add the oyster sauce and the water. Stir continuously.
12) Continue to stir until the sauce thickens - about 2 minutes.
13) Once reduced and thickened, check the seasoning and adjust if necessary. Serve on a bed of rice.
Mix the flour and water into a loose paste
Add the soy sauce
Add the sake
Whisk till combined
Dice the pork chops into strips
Add to the marinade
Dice the shallots and garlic
Heat the oil in a pan / wok
Fry the garlic and shallots
Add the pork
Add the chillies
Add the stir fry veg
Now add the oyster sauce
Ready to serve!